Sunday, August 9, 2009

Wedding Website!

http://www.mywedding.com/nialandellexandra/index.html
Just check it out... Its easier than re-writing it all here :)

I start volleyball tomorrow... therefore: my life ends outside of it. I am very excited and anxious but so glad that God has given me this opportunity.
After high school, I was recruited by a coach at SOU, he then left and I was placed into a changing program. New coach, new experience. It was very challenging. I didn't make the travelling team aka "Red Shirt" That was more difficult that I could've expected. I'm competitve and love my sport so sitting on the bench was mentally, emotionally and spiritually challenging. End of that season, coach told me I would start for him the following year! Spring season: I work hard. End of spring ball, coach tells me I need to work hard to have a spot. I go home to WA, work with my trainer, he kicks my butt 3x a week and I get into the best shape. When I went back to Ashland to start my 2nd season I think I have it in the bag.
GOD ALWAYS HAS A BETTER PLAN THAN YOURS.
I tore my meniscus during our 3 a day practices--I didn't realize that I was injured, we all hurt during that time and I just thought I was sore. 12 days in, coach brings me into his office and tells me he doesn't have a spot for me. I am devestated. The next day I realize that something is wrong with my knee when it swells to the size of my thigh. I am worried and sad but trust that God has something for me.
Nial and I move home to WA. I get treatment and have arthroscopic surgery in October. I am not in school and am sad because of the sedintary-ness of my life. Spring comes. I sign with Northwest University in Kirkland WA. It is in the same conference as SOU (we play eachother...). It is a Christian school and that is a big part of the athletic programs there.
GOD ALWAYS HAS A BETTER PLAN THAN MINE.
So here I am. About to start my first real season in college. I will be playing there for the next 4 months and I still can't believe that God has granted this to me. I haven't had a jersey since my senior year in high school, this year I'm #2. I can't say I did anything. The Lord has blessed me with this and I feel it should be shared.

We play in Ashland on September 18th. I am nervous to play against my old team/coaches etc. But please if you're in town, my parents and Nial will be there too, come watch and say hi!

3 comments:

  1. elle, this is what you are to me:

    a strong,
    beautiful,
    courageous,
    faithful,
    positive,
    enthusiastic,
    friendly,
    loving soul.
    I am proud of what you are, and glad to know you...and soon have you as part of my family. I hope the best for you, and will do my best to make the game!
    all my love,

    shira

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the same thoughts...God knowing what's better for us than we did. There's a reason our business shut down. He has bigger and better plans for us I guess!

    ReplyDelete