Saturday, September 19, 2009

Familys / Teams Convergence Zone!

In Ashland again! Ok, ok technically I'm in a hotel in Medford... BUT! Last night I was back in A-town! My team travelled from Washington yesterday to play against SOU. My parents also drove down bringing Nial and picking up one of my closest friends, Lisa Little. The match was a 1-3 loss so that was disappointing but I played definitely one of my better games (apologies for the boast...) and so that was nice to make a good show for my personal fan section!! Which included:


  • My Parents

  • Nial

  • Lisa and Arturo

  • Shira and Sophie

  • Diana

  • Dallas and Weston (although they came late because they thought that watching a silly high school match was more important that watching their soon-to-be-sister's collegiate volleyball match)

The Down-Ref remembered me and said he would hug me if that wasn't against the rules. Everyone of the SOU coaches hugged me (not expected...) including one who I really didn't know... And half the team (because I played and was friends with them only a year ago) also hugged and gave warm wishes.


My parents got to meet Diana for the first time and Shira, Soph, Dall and Weston. Which was really cool for them, but honestly, I'm kind of upset that I wasn't there when it all went down!! Oh well...


After the match my coach, very kindly, said that I could spend some time with them if I was back to the hotel before too late! Shira, Soph, Nial and I went to Shira's apt where she whipped up some post-game goodness! Potato-Leek soup, home grown corn on the cob and quesidillas.


Quickly, too quickly we had to go

2 comments:

  1. Wish we could've been there to cheer you on too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if I'd know you were playing down there, I would have loved to have come down! You have to let me know these things!

    ReplyDelete