Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wedding News!!!

Wedding Update:
We know that its never going to be possible to please everyone when planning a wedding. We also know that this is about us and our commitment to each other and to Christ as a married couple for His Glory. This isn't the best timing for everything in accordance with my siblings but I can't help when I find my other half can I? We're very excited to say the least! So basically, we're splitting it into two parts.
-Part One: Small religious ceremony with the fams and pastor Garren in Ashland this July.

-Part Two: Larger ceremony/reception with friends, fam and everyone- in Washington Feb 2011 or December 2010. (more likely Feb.)

The Two-Part Plan is due to Several Reasons:
- we want to get married.
- we're not changing our minds= we're sure :) Never been more sure about anything except my Savior.
- my parents can't afford to have a full ceremony/reception right now
- we need to give Lee space to celebrate him and Kristin (their ceremony is in May 2010)
- we need to give my mid-Western relatives space to plan their trips out here

Other Perks:
- the Cluffs all get together every 4th of July, so they will already be there!
- my family members love any excuse to go to Ashland, especially in summertime :)
- I can be with my love
- I can comfort my love, and he can take care of me
- My Part Two will rock because I will, by that time, have been planning it for 3 years :)
- AND it will rock because my parents will have long warning and a budget
- I love Ashland.
- Getting married outside at Simple Faith is such a wonderful beautiful plan!
- I get a mini-summer and my winter wedding :)
- It's a plan that gives respect to my older brother whom I love
If you're wondering why we don't just have it small and get it over with in July... Read on:
We have relatives to consider who will have to travel (including many of you) and its too close to Lee's to be feasible for many of them who want to share with us on our day. Also, I'm the only girl in my family and its been my parent's dream to give me a wedding that I've been planning for the entireity of my life. Regardless of my wishes, I would not deny my mother that time to celebrate with friends and family.

The Lord is first place in our consideration and our timing. We've been blessed to find each other early in our lives and want to honor him with uniting in His Presence. That is why we're prayerfully taking steps to glorify Him with our commitment.

4 comments:

  1. Really?! I always thought I was the last to know since I live so far away. It was my mom who told me, by the way.

    I'm really excited about the wedding, but I don't know if we'll be able to make it out in July because 1)We'll have just come out in April and 12,000 miles round trip is a lot to ask of kids twice in a few months and 2)The kids have school until the end of July. Really annoying! Wish you were getting married at Easter when we'll all be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad you're not planning your small Ashland ceremony around Easter because everyone (except for Scott) will be there in April and everyone will be gone in July. I'll even be in Utah or Wyoming since Hyrum's sister is getting married around the 4th of July, and Mel and Daisha and Tasha won't be able to come out in July since they just came in April. Is it too late to switch your small ceremony to April? I mean, it's just a small one, right? So it won't require to many changes will it? I think only the twins and Shira and Dane will be there in July. Bummer!! I want to be at yours, but Hyrum's sister announced her date first!!! Let me know if you can change your date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't do the weekend of April 17-19 because that's the weekend of the homeshow and Hyrum won't be there! Maybe do it mid-week or Easter weekend! We're blessing Paisli at church on Easter Sunday, and would love for you guys to be there for it, if you don't mind going to our church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your in-laws are amazing at keeping up with blogs and whatnot...goodness.

    ReplyDelete