Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER and Updates


Well, Nial's made it back from the cold and is back to his regular potting, staging and moving loads of native Washington plants. At least he gets to be outside. My job situation hasn't been quite as good... After returning to Washington I was hired at a small newly-remodeled restaurant on the Snohomish River. Unfortunately, they were poorly run and had trouble getting business. So, because I'm not 21 and can't serve alcohol, I was laid off because they didn't want to have another pay to have me AND another person there all the time. Wahoo. They didn't however inform me of this... it was more like, they stopped scheduling me and that was it. The most unfortuate part about it all is that I have been forced to crawl back to my old job and ask to be re-hired.
Ruby's Diner: Way too many mostly teenage girls wearing horrible red-pinstripped dresses and nylons. Its awful. Okay, I'm making too big a deal of it- but I wish I didn't have to go to work looking foolish and avoiding gossipy girls and tons of fried food. I am grateful that they would take me back and the tips there are generally good; but I have to say its not going to be something I enjoy that much. Oh well :)

IN OTHER NEWS: Nial is moving out of Jordan's house! I think they'll enjoy the space and privacy in their home- they have a 2 yr old and Steph is preggers and sick often. He is happy to move out, he'll have more space and won't be living with my overprotective, but very loving and hospitable oldest brother. :D It was cool, I think they all enjoyed it; it was kind of was a pressure cooker situation for them to get to know each other so I'm grateful for it.
EASTER: I think I've been nearly blown over with questions of April 12th. YES, WE ARE COMING TO ASHLAND. :-) We've been asked via text (Dallas,) Facebook (Tasha,) phone (rents) and Blogger (Daisha.) It is actually wonderful to feel so invited! I'm so so so so so excited. We haven't been down since November and I haven't ever met Melanie or Tasha in person so that will be great. I'm excited to see the twins especially, over the summer they acted as my pseudo-little-brothers, we had a great time. Sam, my little bro and I are close so it was nice to kind of adopt them while I lived a state away.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER: http://icanhascheezburger.com/ is a hilarious website my friend told me about. Check it out!!! They take pictures (mostly of cats) and write funny captions.... you may think its stupid but I love it. :-)
This one scares me and makes me crack up all at the same time!

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm very excited to see you both at Easter but even MORE excited by a certain piece of news I've recently heard about you and Nial. Is this something you're going public with? Will there be a blog with all the details? Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the engagement! I'm so glad Nial found you! I'm super excited to have you as part of our crazy family. See you in April!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebrate G-hog day on the night of! Tonight, Elle! Go do it to your brothers house! It's very fun! It's easy to remember it since it's the day before Nial's birthday. I like to dump the dirt just after dark so the residents are sure to still be awake. It's a frightening adrenaline rush to think you may get caught! It'll be a good initiation into the family! Congrats, by the way! I can't wait for you to be my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha...Alex got my mom the I Can Has Cheezeburger? book for Christmas, and we use phrases from it all the time. Like kitties laying on each other saying "I has a blanket" "I has a pillow."

    ReplyDelete