Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Nial and I returned from our mini-vacation on Tuesday real late. It was awesome to catch up with some friends, visit the Cluff Homestead and attend Simple Faith on Sunday. It was short but sweet. We had the chance to meet Weston's new girl-- super cute! And see the new boat which is huge and definitely something I will make the trip to go cruise on! It was too short to do everything (sorry we didn't make it to see you Tiana!) but what we had we were definitely grateful for.

Turkey Day! Nial spent the morning taking pictures of a washed out road in Index and the Skykomish River that he loves to fish. I spent the majority of the day in the kitchen with my Mom. Turkey, stuffing, yams, potatoes, corn, rolls, cranberry applesause, one Dutch Apple pie and one pumpkin pie. The pies are my favorite to bake... I think because I feel empowered with a rolling pin :)
As tradition dictates: before dinner Dad read scripture and we had a prayer, after dinner we each read 10 things we were thankful for and that always brings tears from the weak-eyed. We played some board games and visited til the little ones got cranky and sleepy.
It was alot of fun... 11 of us in all, 2 of whom are little tykes.

I hope all had a lovely Thanksgiving Day!!! Unfortunatly, Nial and I both have sinus infections and a terrible cough... any cures?!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sad we missed you! We got in to Ashland late on Monday night, dropped off a couple of things, let the kids play with Sophia for a minute, then we headed off to Utah. Sounds like you guys had a good time. What's Simple Faith?

    ReplyDelete